Last weekend was a long weekend because Monday was a festival, so we had one extra day to relax. Thankfully, I had some time to get some more pictures from my friends and also write this little update. I've been in Colombia about six weeks now, and it wasn't until last week that I really thought about the fact that I live here OR meditated on the significance of my time in Bogota. Before arriving I told myself that I was going to be intentional about journaling and taking photos to document my time here, but I've been really bad about making time for personal reflection, and without realizing it, a month has already past! I was talking about this to one of my friends here and I even wrote my spanish homework this week about wanting to be more intentional about recognizing how special our time is here. I know this must seem redundant, especially since I'm writing about it again here on my blog, but I'm hoping that talking about it more will make more devoted to my journal, this blog, and my camera....we'll see how it goes.
For now, I finally figured out where to get internet and I'm up to date with my blog! This week, I'm going to a psycho-social conference at the national university, and we have Friday free! We're talking about camping...but we'll see what happens as the weekend gets closer. I have some photos from this weekend, but they aren't loading right now, so I'll try to have them up by tomorrow night. Cheers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment