Monday, September 28, 2009

Fleas begone

This week and last I have been heading into Bogota for flea vaccinations. There are four in total and I finish this Friday. My doctor said I still might not be without bites for another six months (!!!) but right now I have four bites on my left hand, three on my shoulder, three on my knee, four on my calf, a few on my arms, and a tummy full of new bites and old scars. So even though my hope is not high that these vaccines cure me of all flea bites, a little respite from red bumps and endless scratching are welcome.

Also, I leave Cazuca for vacation on the 9th of October. Jes, Alejo and Leady (two other SEEDers), Jes' best friend from home, and I are hiking five days to the Cuidad Perdida. The Cuidad Perdida is a site of ancient ruins in the north coast of the country near Santa Marta. It has been compared to Machu Picchu, but aside from a few websites and guidebook blurbs I don't know much. We have to hike in with a guide, so hopefully I'll learn more about it from him and be able to share more later. For now, all I have is this wikipedia picture.

After our hiking adventure the whole SEED group will meet in Cartagena for a workshop on development and a time of reflection and sharing about the past two months we've been apart. All in all, I'll be spending about two weeks away from Cazuca for some needed rest time with my family here in Colombia.

As for the present, I'm a little lonely because my roommate is gone, and a little tired from working with kids all day, but overall happy and healthy.
All my love
.

No comments:

Post a Comment