This week marks the end of spanish classes and the beginning of all day 9-5 sessions at the MCC office. I don't really know how to feel about this transition. To some extent I'm happy to start more intense preparation for going to Cazuca, but I'm also a little sad knowing that our time living in the same city together is coming to an end. We still have one more month here, so I shouldn't be thinking about leaving already, but some days I can't help it. I'm also a little sad to have to stop taking spanish lessons, I really liked my teacher, and I always feel like there is more to learn when it comes to Spanish, and even English for that matter.
The rainy season has started and it pours just about everyday here (it's not that bad though because the sun comes out most days too), and everyone says it is raining more than normal but I have nothing to compare it to except Seattle--and it definitely rains harder here than in Seattle.
Still no flea relief for those of you wondering, every night I sleep at my house I am usually happy when I wake up if find less than 3 bites on me. Because I live so far away I tend to spend at least 2 nights at my friends' houses, so I get a few nights of sound sleep where I'm not nervously itching and feeling paraniod about being dinner for dirty bugs. Whit-I am definitely devoted to my mederma applications, and I think about your weird bites from Spain every time I put it on, haha!
We're heading to Ibague this week for Semana Santa. We're told that the smaller towns tend to have bigger Semana Santa celebrations, so I'm excited to see how a Latin American parties! The only downfall is that we all have to stay with different host families while we are there, which isn't all that bad, I just wish we could be staying in pairs or together with the whole group.
This weekend Jes is preaching at a church here in Bogota, so I'm really excited to hear her tomorrow! And, I'm hoping to have a nice relaxing night in tonight because we start getting a lot busier Monday. Love, jay
No comments:
Post a Comment