Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hola

I’ve been trying to be really good about posting more frequently—it was actually one of my goals this year—and I was doing well until this weekend got the best of me. I got really sick again, this time with the stomach flu. Sunday I was feeling awful and basically just spent the day sleeping and trying to stay reasonably hydrated, Monday I felt a bit better and was able to start eating bread. Tuesday afternoon I made the trip back home to Cazuca and was eating fruit. Wednesday, I was back to work but still pretty weak and only eating soup, and today although I am not quite up to a big glass of milk, I’m feeling much, much better. No one likes vomiting, and I especially hate being so sick to your stomach that vomiting is the only choice. Anyway, just another ailment to add to my list.


Here is what I meant to post from last week


We had a going away party for an MCC friend moving away from Bogota, piñata and all!



My kids are doing well. We all dressed up two weeks ago to celebrate Labor Day; we had doctors, a nurse, a tailor, and a contractor in our class. Thankfully the kiddos are finally picking up classroom rules (and consequences) after three months of class. Last Friday, I braved parent teacher conferences alone, because my boss who was supposed to be helping me, went into labor--two weeks early! Side note: David and Marina had a baby girl! I’ve only been able to see her in pictures though, because Marina is staying in Bogota for the first month post birth for health reasons.


Enrique Grau Araújo
Nancy

I was perusing around on the national art museum’s website last night (unfortunately you have to go through a 3 month course to become a volunteer and it’s already halfway through) and came upon some paintings that I really liked in their online gallery. This is one of them. I love how her big eyes convey her expression.


This Sunday I am going to play soccer with a group of females from a Mennonite Brethren Church here! I am really excited! I hear there a lot of women who are so bad that they shouldn’t be playing, but we’ll see come Sunday afternoon. Haha, it should be an experience to say the least.


Chao

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey. I hope your body gets all healed up and you have a blast playing soccer!

    xxo.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete