Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saludos

Hello,

This week has been pretty busy. I leave for training, retreat, and vacation in just six days, so I am scrambling a bit to organize everything at school. I have tests to finish, I have sub plans to write out, I have lesson plans to finish, then a few other pending emails, blog posts, and evaluations, also packing, cleaning, banking, and errands. Yikes.

Minus fleas which continue to annoy and bite me, I am happy. Diana is still away, I think she will be back Monday, and it has been surprisingly relaxing and rejuvenating to have the house all to myself. My six kiddos are well, I just hope they are learning and that this year with me will serve them in the future. Again, this weekend I was in Bogota, and was able to skype with my parents, which was really nice. My fellow Seeder Doda is here in the office as well this weekend, normally he lives on coast, so it has been a nice change to be able to talk to him face to face here in the capital.

It is election day here in Bogota, and tomorrow we will find out how Colombians voted in the first round. After today's voting process if no one candidate (there are more than six of them) wins by a 51% of the vote, then next week the country will vote again on the top two candidates from the first round. As of late afternoon today, it seems as though Santos (the pro Uribe candidate), is winning quite soundly. I am personally not very excited about this development, especially as it was expected that this first round would a be a much closer race, and we'll all just have to wait for tomorrow to find out the final results...

I am heading over to some friends' house for dinner soon, and I still have some things to attend to before we (Doda and I) leave the office.

So long for now!

p.s. here is an interesting article from the Latin American Working group you should read to get a little more educated on what is going on with US policy. At the bottom of the page is the link in both english and spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment